NHS Lanarkshire has reviewed and revised their policy on ear irrigation for wax, removing the requirement for a GP to examine a patient's before treatment by a nurse.
If you feel that you may have wax in your ear, you can now self-refer to the Treatment Room at Central Health Centre by contacting the Main Reception desk in person or by phone.
There are certain situations where a nurse will not be able to assess you. These are listed below and you should arrange an appointment with your GP:
- in young persons under 16
- if there is a history of ear infection in the past 6 weeks
- if there is a history of perforation of the ear drum
- if there has been previous ear surgery
- if there is a cleft palate (repaired or not)
- if there is total deafness in one ear
Phone: Central Health Centre Main Reception 01236-731771