This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.

Ear Irrigation for Wax

NHS Lanarkshire has reviewed and revised their policy on ear irrigation for wax, removing the requirement for a GP to examine a patient's before treatment by a nurse.

If you feel that you may have wax in your ear, you can now self-refer to the Treatment Room at Central Health Centre by contacting the Main Reception desk in person or by phone.

There are certain situations where a nurse will not be able to assess you. These are listed below and you should arrange an appointment with your GP:

  • in young persons under 16
  • if there is a history of ear infection in the past 6 weeks
  • if there is a history of perforation of the ear drum
  • if there has been previous ear surgery
  • if there is a cleft palate (repaired or not)
  • if there is total deafness in one ear

Phone: Central Health Centre Main Reception 01236-731771

NHS ScotlandThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website